Monday, February 8, 2010

So Ba East Atlanta Village

I'm So friggin' Ba-ored with these 'ethnic' restos that look so promising opening intown but then turns out to be duds. As a business owner, I can understand why they have to compromise taste for the almighty buck and the area they are in (ie: Stella turning into a Doc Chey's... blah). But just remember, if you cook it, Gastro will eat it and smack your bitch up...

Not authentic? Hell, who's gonna know the difference anyways in East Atlanta? The couple at the next table were their prime target demographics... Eating a bowl of pho with a fork. Can you forking believe that shit? And it wasn't no full sized fork either, it was a lobster fork... Fuck me, stick that fork in me because I'm done. They didn't even take the chopsticks outta the paper sleeve for crying out loud. I think the best line of the night was... "Are you gonna put that hot red stuff in it?", "Nah, I don't want to ruin this tasty chicken broth." ...I can't bweathe, someone give me ass to mouth, STAT. Wait, make that SPLAT.

Like I said, this area is not exactly known for haute cuisine nor do the plebeians care... Iris which was a wonderful resto, tried and failed years ago. Not much has changed.

Lookie, here... I don't even know where to begin. The place was so God damn cold (both in temp and decor) that even the servers didn't want to come into the dining room unless it was to collect money. I asked for hot tea because my body temp was dropping faster than Snoop Dogg's drug and gun charges. 10 minzies later, the server comes over and said "I'm sorry it's taking so long, we are boiling the water now for the tea..." Holy moly, where am I? I'm not fucking camping here, am I? Could it get worse? Y'all, know the answer to that... I just got tea bagged.

Spring Rolls w/ shrimp, etc... And "seasonal herbs". Huh? Whatever you say, I'll play along, I just hope it 's not skunk herb. Peanut sauce... Ah, oookay, it was more like pee-nut sauce. Boy, I love Thai grub... Next.

Pho Dac Biet - Rice noodle, eye round steak, well done brisket, flank, soft tendon and tripe. Sounds great if it contained everything listed... I think someone fat-fingered it, it shoulda been 'round eye' steak instead. I assume the broth was made with Cox-tail because it tasted like chicken bouillon. 2 words: faux phas.

Com Dac Biet - Broken rice, 'prok' chop, shredded pork, steamed omelet and sunny side up egg... Something's broken alright. I think it was the kitchen. I have seen better consistency in the Checker's drive-thru. Little things were missing off the menu's description. Mebbe it was all for the better... Less ammo for me to use. Bang bang.

BAFFLED... 1.5 Hobo Stars.

"When the pho's in the bowl, ma...

Drop it like it's hot."

Splash.

560 Gresham Ave
Atlanta, GA 30316
(404) 627-9911

No comments: