Monday, February 8, 2010

CariSoul Cuisine

Located inside the Darlington (aka Dumplington) Projects across from Piedmont Hospital comes this new Caribbean snatch shack. I packed some heat and headed for New Jack City like Pookie fixin' to score some Cari-Soul grub, but only to find a bottle of Rum filled with soulless watered down ice tea. Let me tell ya folks, these are Dark and Stormy times for decent grub in Atlanta... But they did have Old Jamaican ginger beer though, yay!

Beef Patty - Totally store bought. You can tell by the sell by date on the wrapper. I kid, I kid... But it totally was because the meat filling was factory pureed and seasoned. It was passable... Barely.

Chicken Patty - Same shit, different color filling. But this was borderline McDeez Apple Pie. Wait, scratch that... I do like McDeez apple pie.

Jerk Chicken - What did you just call me? Oooh, the classic jerk chicken dish of the Islands that is full of spices and smoked to perfection. Too bad, you ain't gonna get any of that here... I think this chicken was from Long Island. No shortage of jerks there, either.

Rice & Beans - Prolly the best thing I tasted all night. Make sure you get a nice ladleful of the 'sauce' to mix in. The spices and flavors made it so much better. It's like throwing a starving man a cracker, that shit would taste like a juicy steak.

Mac & Cheez - Elbow mac was dried out and just plain bad. Ooey and gooey it was not but it sure was cheezy... In a pathetic ra-tard sorta way. Is this what they called "Dry Humor"? Well, it ain't funny, especially to my bowels.

Nice people and I wish them luck... But it's just another day in the world of bromidic chow. It ain't easy being Gastro's pouch, Mon.

Munch.

Crunch.

Sigh.

2025 Peachtree Road, NE
Suite #2

Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 254-0509

No comments: