Monday, February 8, 2010

Havana Restaurant

Where all the white people at?

They're all up in this piece. (Next to Pirate's Pub and ALDI not the other location further up which is not opened yet)

Where am I? I thought this was Buford Highway... Not UpChuck n Cheese in Alpharetta. There's more white people congregating here than at a Pentecostal church. Did I missed the church bus out in the parking lot? The only thing I want to see you roundeyes handling is their Cuban sandwich. If you whip out any type of serpent, especially from your pants, I'm gonna get medieval on yo ass.

The anticipation of their opening was like negotiating with Castro... That fucker just wouldn't open up promises after promises. I thought the INS deported them or some shit. Until one day, they quietly opened up... And their fans hit that shit like a pro bono puta.

The Cuban is tasty as I remembered and the black bean soup just goes so well with the yellow rice. The empanadas comes in a few different fillers and pretty decent overall. The croquetas on the other hand were just aight. It's hard to sway from the Cuban but I promise y'all that I will eat the entire menu before year end. You can call me the "Bay of Pigs Redux"... But I won't fail because I'm backed by the IFOCE not the CIA.

I was still baffled as to why the place was jam packed with Jim Jones et al until my co-worker who lives around the corner said it best...

"Because the menu is in English now."

Ay touché.

Burpo.

3979 Buford Hwy
#108

Atlanta, GA 30319
(404) 633-7549

No comments: