Monday, February 8, 2010

Pho Pasteur - CLOSED

Pho Tan Tan has kicked Da Can Can and gone to noodle heaven... Only to be replaced by another Pho-king shop. The word "Pasteur" evokes some milky substance or other to be found on the menu... But it doesn't be because we all know Asians are lactose intolerant! Those damn Fwenchies did it to us again! Viva la pants! Poop poop, bitches.

Big space, small staff. It was dead as the cats in the back when I got there. Then, it went from 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds... 2 huge but separate groups of families came in (it was like 3 generations of them), as well as 2 other normal size groups. The 2 servers basically shat their pants, I think they did because it looked like there was a full load in there. Service was sporadic and just plain full retard. The Pho and broken rice dish came out first and egg rolls last, like if it was a fucking dessert or something. It ain't no Antico cannoli. Oh, well... It all goes to the same place anyways.

Pha Cha Gio - Egg Rolls. Crispy and tasty but it was so flaky and light, it reminded me of a fried crepe (those silly Fwench!). I kinda liked the change from the standard gweasy as shit egg rolls. This ain't no appetizer, it comes with a forest and dipping sauce.

Pho Dac Biet - House special combo beef noodle soup. Small bowl is more than enough for a heavy set man such as myself, that's including my pannus. Just dump all the ruffage (bean sprouts, japs, leafy stuff) in that bowl and it'll be spewing over like Trainspotting. Noms.

Com Chao Tom Thit Nuong - Charbroiled pork and shrimp paste on broken rice. Prok was tasty and tender but the shrimp paste was spongy and bland. I like gnawing on the sugar cane that the shrimp paste was wrapped around because I'm a giant panda. I really like broken rice, it takes less effort to chew and swallow since that grain of rice is half the size.

It was tasty overall but not exceptional... There's a lot on the menu, so I'm interested to try out the hot pots, clay pots, rotisserie chicken, shaking beef and the 7 courses of beef special!!! Shit, I just made my pannus do a flip flop... He's hungry.

I need to get the pho outta here.

Burp.

4646 Buford Highway
#R

Atlanta, GA 30341
(770) 455-9474

No comments: