Monday, February 8, 2010

Drinkshop

My parents asked me once... "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I replied... "I want to be a professional drinker." They threw me out of the house and made themselves a drink.

Bartenders are a dime a dozen... Just because some Ugly Coyotes can make a vodka Red Bull in their Daisy Dukes doesn't mean they can give me good head with that beer tap in their hand. Even my dog can make a Moscow Mule.

The modern "bartender" is now a watered down version of what a true barkeep used to be... It's a lost art and that makes me sad. :( Sometimes, I just wanna grab them by the ears and give them a Kazuo Uyeda "Hard Shake" and punch them in their tired old Maraschino cherries.

There's a handful of great barkeeps around these here parts... And the rest are just for conversation. H&F brought the art form and passion back to boozin'... Then Drinkshop came along to give da ATL a little taste of NYC. Screw the drink menu... If you have a hankering for whiskey, just let the mixologist do his magic. I have been exploring a lot of the classic cocktails as of late and they're translated differently everywhere. But my pal, Eric, did my whiskey old fashioned the "proper" way... Let me tell ya, his shit was spot on. His arsenal of cocktails are impressive, limitless and balls to the wall... Dude is like King Midas because his are dipped in gold. I want them in my mouth. Gurgle.

It's disappointing as shit when a place (old or new) with a full bar can't make a decent drink. Their idea of a proper dwink is with a bottle opener. Wha da fuck? The blame is on the owner for hiring bartenders that were servers last week. Might as well put the dishwashers behind the bar... They get their hands wet at least.

There's nothing wrong with drinking cheap beer and playing games... I did that in college. If you want to see and taste art... Come see the man here.

Splash.

Squirt.

Gulp.

Aaah.

Burp.

W Hotel Downtown
45 Ivan Allen Jr Boulevard

Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 582-5789

No comments: