Monday, February 8, 2010

Hudson Grille - Midtown

One thing's for sure, this place smells better than that Toilet Mac across the street (+1).

The setup is a lot better than the former Artistry and Sweet Lowdown (+2). This place can prolly win the "Most Fucking TV's You Can Fit In One Place" award. I hope they have good security because it's prime time for the flat panel bandits. Nearly every inch is plastered with LCDs... Oh, my eyeballs, it's the fucking lost Ark.

The menu is standard Metrotainment issued... The kinda food Fat America likes. But me likey the $5 martini's (+3), the bartender making my dwinks not so much. My first classic martini was nice, the second was dirtier than the hobo sleeping around the corner and the 3rd came out OK but only about 2/3 full. Amateurs.

The manager(s) are seasoned veterans and they do a great job but the server was a piece of work. 2 days in and in the weeds... Shit, I think he's been smoking it because he didn't know his asshole from a hole in the ground. Ordered a few things to nosh on which were all decent and passable... You know, stuff white people like. But you know you will be in for one helluva ride when it starts off like this...

Me: What's the soup du jour?
Dood: Huh?
Me: Soup of the day.
Dood: Ah, what does the menu say?
Me: It sez soup of the day.
Dood: Ok, let me find out... Can you hold on a minute?
Me: Yeah, dood. Go find out.
Dood: It's Fwench Onion.
Me: Do you use Gruyere?
Dood: What?
Me: Gruyere, it's a cheez... Nevermind, I'll try it.
Dood: Great choice.
Me: Well, you were very convincing.

5 minutes later....

Dood: We're out of Fwench Onion, we got Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Me: WTF is that? Did those hacks back there just make that shit up? 86 da soup, yo.

Can you believe that shit? I'm outta breath and that was just on the soup! It was like a retarded Seinfeld episode. I couldn't be too harsh on the dood since he reminded me of Spider from Goodfellas... But sometimes you gotta be. Tommy said it best, "You know Spider, you're a fuckin' mumbling stuttering little prick. You know that?"

Just get me a martini every 10 minutes... When I pass out, get me one every 5 minutes.

No, I ain't alright, Spider.

Bang.

Bang.

What? I'm a good shot.

No soup for you.

942 Peachtree St
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 892-0892

No comments: