Monday, February 8, 2010

Just Loaf'n

Theeeeey baaaaack!

Due to terrible parking and other unnatural forces in their old dusty location on Boulevard, these tasty Po'boys found a new home in Buckhead... Quietly opening last week between Kramer's and a scooter shop. Man, if you stop and look around this area... It's just plain trashy (not that Blvd was any better). Being this close to East Andrews makes my skin crawl... Oh wait, something is really crawling on my skin. Get off me you nasty little herpes... Fuck, did Katrina bring these nut bugs up here, too? Lookie here, Big Easy, just give me my Po'boy so I can get the fuck outta here, yo.

Shrimp Po'boy - I did it all for the bread because that shit was good. Crusty outside and soft inside. Shrimp was fine, so were the other fillers as well. Decent Po'boy overall.

Gumbo - Hmmm, while it was tasty... It was just too watery. Didn't notice any hint of file powder or other thickeners like okra or roux. Seriously, is it that hard to make a classic gumbo? Don't tell me it's the best in da ATL when it's not. Just because I don't look like a foodiot doesn't mean I don't know the difference between a good gumbo and a bucket of hamster vomit. Duh.

Red Beans n Rice - I got jambalaya instead... How did he managed to get my order wrong? I was the only friggin customer there. Cuckoo. The jambie didn't do it for me... Mebbe Taco would like it better since it was more like Spanish rice.

I am happy that this tiny shack is pumping out po'boys and other nawlins' grub (boudin, seafood boil, gator bites, fwied turkey leg, beignets, etc but why no crawfish?)... But dude, you gotta kick it up a notch like your bro, Emeril or else Bam, right in the Sno Balls!

Lassie'z Lesbo n Temps Rin Tin Tin!

Why do I always feel so fat on Tuesday...

Sigh.

3173 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30305
(678) 701-6538

No comments: