Monday, February 8, 2010

Key West Seafood Market

When anyone says "Don't pay attention to the other reviews..." in their reviews, you know what they're all about. Drop the cheap salesman talk, you're not fooling anyone, Ron Popeil... Stop reviewing other reviews. Jesus.

Lookie here, this joint is a perfectly fine addition to the 'hood... I mean take a gander at the townie line up around here. Yous got Mistor C's, Stooges (aka Mistor D's), Domino's, Mickey Deez, Felini's, Salsa Havana, Jersey Mike's, London Bistro, Willy's, Chik-fil-A, Canton Chopstix and Howwell Dragon (RIP) all up in this piece. I call it the "Raging Bowels" resto group.

Conch Fritters - I really want to call it something else but I might hurl.

Soup Du Jour - Clam and mussel soup.. minus the mussel. Watery and bland but otherwise it looked cute... Like the treasure from a baby's diaper. Mebbe it was a good thing that they left out the mussels.

Fish n Chips - Haha... You know it's gonna be some bottom of the barrel piece of fish when they don't specify it on the menu. I busted out laughing when I saw the short-Mexi-order-cook pull out Tilapia. The presentation was classic... Tempura(?) fried square pieces of Tipalia on the bottom of the basket and covered with sweet potato fwies on top. Jesus, W(here)TF did he learn plating... Checkers? The taste was passable... But I wouldn't write home to your mom about it.

Mac n Cheez - Wow... This specimen reminded me of those mini cups of slop that you microwave. Elbow mac and packet sauce that need more whole milk not 2%. Mebbe they think I'm fat so they gave me reduced fat.

Bottomline: Pedestrian grub in a townie sorta way.
The staff are pretty nice and welcoming but it still doesn't change the fact that people come here to eat and not to get lip service. If I'm paying for lip service, I'll go to a nice little place on Buford Highway.

2.5 stars... There's really no need to explore the rest of the menu after your initiation. Thank you sir, may I use the bathroom...

Squeeze.
Gasp.
Splash.

1971 Howell Mill Rd
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 352-3141

No comments: