Tuesday, February 9, 2010

L'Thai West

Where we going? OTP? WTF... Hold on, let me pack an overnight bag. Woke up with drool all over myself. The fuck. Musta been the altitude or time zone change up here. Not my fault. I needed CPR, stat... You know, as in CaiPiRinha. With time to kill, went across da street to a thing called Lime Taqueria. Corzo, Corzo and more Corzo... And a cheese dip. Who ordered the fucking cheese dip? It always starts out with the best intentions doesn't it? Story of my life.

Time to fill the pouch... Scurried back over to this joint. It's a nice space, there's this sculpture with a red ball pissing water out of it... I don't know what the fuck that's all about. But the servers were super friendly and one was making googly eyes with me. Enuff with the chit chat, I sees me a full bar.

Ordered my go to dwink. What's a whiskey old fashioned? It ain't those rags you're wearing, sweetheart. She comes back with something that looked like one. This shit was weaker than Tom Hanks at the end of Philadelphia. Owner (nice dood) comes by and he goes back and does a double pour just for me... Asians, we're all in the family.

Vegetarian Sampler - Combo of fried tofu, spring rolls and organic veggie tempura. Ok, whatever... I don't even know if you're suppose to eat this. Next.

Hoy Nang-Rom Sri-Raja (Fried Oyster Sri-Raja) - Tastee little fuckers with homemade "Sri-Raja" sauce. Sure, pal and I'm the Queen of Sheba. Sauce was lame.

Bheek-Gai Yad-Sai (Stuffed Wings) - "3 all natural chicken wings stuffed with mixtures of well seasoned minced chicken, bean threads, white pepper and herbs, served with sweet pepper sauce." Dude, there's more words on the menu than there are wings on the plate. They were good but at 2 clams a piece... Say, you don't have a Monday night 20 cent wing special do ya?

Som Tum (Green Papaya Salad) - Som Tum's rotten in the State of Denial... It coulda used a lot more heat but the kids at the table thought it was more than enuff. Wussies. Not bad, though. Pretty tastee as a matter of fact.

Old Fashioned Pad Thai - Guess what I paired this dish with? Yup, a vodka soda... How many drinks did I have already? Noods were decent... I think.

Jungle Curry w/ Flank Steak (made without coconut milk) - Interesting dish not seen on many Thai menus. Triple Thai Hot that lioness... I want Jungle Fever! Shit came out like a kitten with a cold. Snarf, snarf... Not bad though, kinda liked it.

Overall, it's pretty good... There's been so much smack talk about this place in the past that I totally avoided it like the Gay. But since Saxby says tattooed peeps with alcoholic tendencies may be Happier Chaps, I thought I oughta give it a shot. Food was good, no dice on the assless chaps.

3.5 Stars.

Slurp.

4500 West Village Place
Suite 1017

Smyrna, GA 30080
(770) 434-4344

No comments: