Monday, February 8, 2010

Hot Pot 101

I miss Frank Ma's and his soupy dumps. It hasn't been the same since. I guess this location has bad Feng Shui (I think it means "To break wind in water" or some shit in Engrish.) Fuck, don't ask me, it always gets lost in translation somehow, so, Google that biatch.

Anyhoo, back to this joint... This shit luck location has been host to a number of Chino restos and they all eventually disappeared but their signs remain. I don't know how long this Pot of Hot liquid funk will last but I liked it... Especially, on a cold ass ballsack shrinkage day.

It's pricier and prettier than most hot pot joints but what I liked about it the most was the huge amount of spices (including a bowl of MSG, yay!), oils and sauces that you can create you own special mix. Chicks love my special mix... Oh, did I say that out loud? Nevermind. They also have a tasty guava drink and peach tea... Good stuff. The big ass bowl of raw eggs sitting out was kinda disturbing but I woulda still eaten that shit if it was a balut... Beak, balls and all.

You can get one hot pot order to split but they do charge you for the extra hot pot. Their name is Hot Pot 101 but not once did the server asked if this was our first time, I guess she assumed all Asians know how to do this. There's like 4 different broths you can choose from (spicy, chicken, seafood, veggie). The platter of filler is pretty standard issue with a ton of cheap ass veggies and the meats were decent quality. One order is just enough to split. You can order extras as well if you're a fat fuck like me. I got extra balls... Cuttlefish balls, who knew!

Would I come back here? Mebbe but with the food court right next door and a hot pot joint in there for half the price, it would be a hard sell. Only the Dinho gods will know how long this place will last.

Ugh, I'm so bloated... Do Not touch the pouch, pweez.

Squoosh.

5389 A New Peachtree
Chamblee, GA 30341
(770) 458-9898

No comments: