Monday, February 8, 2010

Roll's Bar-B-Que Heaven

I love dumpy BBQ joints... Especially, jazzy / bluesy ones. +1. Some of the best stuff can be had in a run down outhouse on the side of the road. Then again, mebbe it's just an outhouse.

"Taste Just Like Heaven" is their motto... Now, only if they have a Cure for the Que.

"Show me how you smoked that swine
The one that makes me whine" she said
"The one that makes my stomach ache" she said
And clenched her hands around my neck
"Show me how you can eat it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll have the runs with you
I'll have the runs with you"

Spinning on that squeaky stool
I tasted his brisket and tasted his pork
And dreamed of all the different Que I had
To make him squeal
"Why are you so far from good?" she said
"Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with food
That I'm in love with Fox Bro's Que"

Wet boiled meat kicks me in the nads
It must have been around for days
And moving jowls to chew that game
I opened up my pouch
And found myself alone alone
Alone above a raging throne
That stole the only grub I loved
And drowned Ms. Piggy deep inside a can of broth

Brisket
Soft and mushy

Pork
Loose and stringy

Cornbread
Strange as JIFFY

Hurling in the deepest crappers
Flushing down the water
You're just like a wet dream

...but the Mac & Cheese was not too shabby and the "man" was super nice.

2.5 Stars

Pump... Meh.

186 Windy Hill Rd.
Marietta, GA 30060
(770) 434-4247

No comments: