Monday, February 8, 2010

Sheik Burritos n Kabobs

Yeah yeah, don't get cheeky with me, Sheiky... Atlanta needs another burrito joint as much as I need an anal bleaching. What once was Da Chicago Dog is now a "Cutting Edge Persian / Southwestern Fusion" burrito and kabob shack. There's that word again, "Fusion", I might as well go ahead and " / " my wrists now...

I don't even know anyone who eats burritos anymore... Mebbe except for 8th grade girls trying to impress the JV quarterback on how they can handle that tube steak. All these Cali-style Rito joints are annoying as dick cheese. Especially, that fucking Moe's and their greeting haunts me every time I drive by one... I was scared. No, I was petrified that I was gonna hear "Assalam alaikum!" when I walk through the door.

The owners are super nice and friendly but the "chic menu" is just plain bizarre. No prices but filled with these wacky terms like bad-man-jon, dog style, KP, feast-n-june, sabzi, shirazi and of course, Persian and southwestern style... Am I out of the loop on the latest incest positions? I swear, you just can't make this shit up.

Dirka-Dirka (Persian Style... I'ma scared) - Bits of lamb, bad-man-jon, shirazi, spinach salad and yogurt all piled on a whole wheat pita. I wanna say "Fuck yeah!" but it was filled with so many flavors clashing with one another that I deconstructed it... Because it was a mess to eat. I like ginger in it but it was almost too overpowering. Hmmm... Persian Mule?

Skins Chili - Ah, Oookay, as long as it doesn't include the word "Fore" in it. Overall, it was not too shabby but it coulda used more heat. Well, a lot more heat. The mini corn tortilla chips completed the Southwestern theme... Whatever that means.

Like I said before, it's just plain bizarre... I kinda want to try some more of their wacky stuff but I ain't rushing back just for a burrito.

2.5 Stars.

Dirka dirka, Mohammed Jihad. Haka sherpa-sherpa. Abaka-la.

Ahhh! Dirka dirka dirka!

1877 Piedmont Rd
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 815-0227

No comments: