Monday, February 8, 2010

Chong Qing Hot Pot

Ching Chong, Ding Dong, Cheech & Chong...

Call it what you want, just give me your spiciest offal crap in a pot... And throw in some of them blood cakes while you're at it. Dude comes out from the back like Bilbo Baggins with a shit eatin' grin and one hand down his pants whispering "Precious". The fuck. Whatever Smeagol, just bring it.

This food court never ceases to amaze me... It goes from craptastic to fantastic. The jack shack on the left side has all your FMV (For Mexican Value) favorites. Then on the right side you have Hong Kong BBQ tempting me with their fine ass duck and pork. But in the middle you got a couple of Chino joints that serves a good variety of vittles on the cheap.

Chongqing is the birth place of Sichuan grub. I mean, the real shit is hot as ballz... But this shack reminds me more of Chengdu, the redheaded stepchild. This bitch may have a fire bush but not enough fire in the pot. The hot pots are still tastee though but I expected a shitload more heat... Heat that would make a Panda's ass implode. This is good hangover grub.

The noodles et al are all good options as well. There's still so much on the menu to explore. But deciding what to eat in this here food court is a lofty task. All the street type nosheries are good, cheap and hefty portions.

I wished I had a food court like this in my office mall. All's I haz is Raving Blandz type shit. Sometimes you have to drive to Buford highway if you want the good stuff... Settling for sub-par grub (ie: pho) just because is near your house is just a cop-out.

BTW- Their menu es en Mexicanese & Engrish.

Burpo.

5385 New Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30341
(770) 936-1379

No comments: