Friday, March 26, 2010

Umaido


Seriously, unless your name is Henry Hill or you lost a bet... No one consciously decides to live out here. The fuck. I would get lost going to the out house. I rather get violated by the Po Po at the Eagle... Hey, just don't forget the satchel.

If I'm gonna have to drive all the way to bumblefuck, I better be getting more than egg noodles and ketchup. Walked in, shit looked pho real. They even had fresh whole garlic and a press. I was getting excited like some redneck was noodling in my pants.

Yaki Gyoza - These dumps looked cute on the plate but they belong more at the bottom of a toilet bowl. The meat filling was bland as sawdust and shit was cold.

Tonkotsu Ramen - Ramen was good and the broth was decent in flavor and complexity but it got salty towards the end. Not a bad bowl of noods with all the other goodies (egg, chasyu, green onions, tree ear, bean sprouts).

SPICY Tonkotsu Ramen - Level 3. Are you kidding me? It's a shame the server was hotter than my bowl of noods. Just because it looks red doesn't mean it's spicy... It was weaker than Roger Ebert's jaw. Just FYI- don't cap the word "SPICY" if it ain't... I don't go around advertising myself as "HOT MARSUPIAL".

I do like the "EVENT" (there you go again with the caps) though... "Finish 4 bowls of ramen within 20 minutes= Freeif fail to finish = $20 (must empty all the bowls)" ...I'll empty the bowls, just don't make me clean them. And I don't mean the bowls at the table.

I like this place but it wasn't good enough for me to drive to lower Chattanooga just for the ramen (need to try the rice dishes-chasyu, mentaiko, yaki onigiri next time)... But there's a Super H Mart next door and they have a Toreore Korean Fried Chicken which made up for the excessive distance traveled. I got some pork belly and skate wings as well for good measure.

Someone point me to the closest bowl with a lockable door. Thanks.

3.5 Stars.

Burp.

2790 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd.
Suwanee, GA 30024
(678) 318-8568

No comments: