Friday, March 26, 2010

Autentico INC Street Food

I was pretty excited when I saw a sign for "Latin Street Food" in this cruddy space a few months ago... I was pretty pissed when I realized I was in the bumpkin fuck Roswell//South Carolina area.

The menu read like a Buford Hwy's wet dream... I was baffled why they would compile a menu of this caliber in an area where the cars actually stop at the pedestrian crossing. Seriously, does little Johnny really wanna drink something called a Horchata? Does house frowl Susan with the stiff Botox face and flabby middle age ass really wanna munch on some Pupusa... Ok, mebbe the hot dog. Does hard working father Stephen really care about some Octopus with herb crema on a plate when he has his secretary on his desk every Tuesday and Thursday nights?

These were the questions that needed to be answered... Is INC's skirt steak better than Stephen's secretary's skirt meat curtains? Come with me and let's find out together...

Fried Hominy - Cute little fried kernels were a tasty tweat... Even better with a good dousing of Tapatio salsa picante for a bit more flavor (not heat). Anything hotter than picante up in this piece, they may have to install another bano for the pedestrianos.

Queso Fresco - A wedge of queso in a cast iron skillet begged to be asked... "Who cut the cheese?". El Milagro torts were a nice surprise but the cast iron needed to be sizzling hot.

Cuban - Looked great, taste decent... While it was properly constructed and pressed, it just didn't have that kick your culo factor. Yucca fries were crispy but in the end it's just filler. Black beans were verra tastee, though... Well, the half that wasn't spilt all over the sandwich.

Sonoran Hot Dog - Bacon wrapped hot dog... F me silly and call it a day but their family jewels was all covered up with curly slaw and mayo jizz. It looked it had premature something or other. I wished they would go commando like me and dogscape a little... Shit, half these people in here looked like hippies. They loved it.

Pals had the Empanadas, Carnitas and Skirt Steak Tacos which looked decent enough (wished they got the veal cheeks, albondigas and relleno)... But I was too full to even eat a pink taco. Speaking of which... Our server was so cute, I coulda prolly took a nibble of hers. Oh, did I say that out loud? Nevermind...

The grub is solid which is not bad considering what they're trying to do and where they're trying to do it. It ain't a destination for me but if I ever had to get farming equipment in the future, I'll definitely come back and try out the rest of the menu.

3.5 Stars.

Burpo.

948 Canton St
Roswell, GA 30075
(770) 998-3114

No comments: