Friday, March 26, 2010

Thien Thanh Restaurant

Finding another new Pho shack is as exciting as another new Jack shack on Buford Hwy. When you're horny, umm, I mean, hungry... I'm always game for some new action. You never know how it will taste until you eat it... And that goes for the Pho, too. Hey, variety is the spice of life... Whether it's Poon Tang or Pho Tai Nam, I will eat that shit clean.

The joint is nice and clean and seems like it has more TVs than tables. The menu has a little something of everything for everyone. And the hostess/server had a little something for me... She was redunkulusly hawt. Amen, sista.

Pho Dac Biet - All the way with the combo of meats and offal... Only way to eat it. Even with the small, there's a shit load of brown yum yums dumped in the bowl. I flushed it all down my pipe. Broth was sick. Super flavorful and rich. I almost shed a tear by dumping a cup of Sriracha and Sambal in because it was so beautiful... Almost, I said. So pho-king G O O D.

Cha Gio - Is that an eggroll in your pocket or do you just wanna eat it? This fried Boner was not depressed at all, I inhaled that cripsy log. Love the pickled radish and carrot sticks.

Com Bo Nuong Sa - Grilled lemongrass sliced beef with broken rice. Beef was tender but coulda used more lemongrass... Just couldn't really taste the flavor in it but it was tastee nonetheless. The broken rice was spot on. Came with a soup and some veggies on the side which I like to call trim.
Banh Mi - Grilled pork was flavorful and tender, fillers were perfect and the bread was good. Could this be better than Quoc Huong's banh mi... Hmmm. Mebbe.

This little Viet-noshery was G O O D and cheap... Like it should be. Imagine what the reviews would be if this was intown... It would be So Ba-dass. But it's not... So, drive that extra 10 minutes for some tasty grub for the pouch and candy for the eyes.

Where are the napkins...

Squirt.

5219 Buford Hwy
Doraville, GA 30340
(770) 676-0512

No comments: