Friday, March 26, 2010

Mac McGee's

Well, show me the way
To the next whiskey bar
Oh, don't ask why
For if we don't find
The next whiskey bar
I tell you we must die
I tell you, I tell you
I tell you...

I think I just soiled my underpants.

Look at that whiskey list. Fuck me, I'm in booze heaven. Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Bunnahabhain... Yeah, yeah, just give me a drink already you stuttering prick.

Love the feel of the joint. Bartenders are super cool dudes... Good beer list (Trois Pistoles was mad good) and awesome booze selection (whiskey/bourbon/scotch from all over). These days, I tend to stick with the hard stuff vs. beer. Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker. Plus, I gotta watch my girlish figure. The menu looked good with a lot of interesting vittles... But the real chef had left early for the night and I sneaked a peek who was in the kitchen. Oh, dear, looks like it's gonna be a crapshoot. Too bad Jerk Chicken is not on the menu.

Lamb Sliders - Special of the night. Two dirty brown balls... Not even worthy to be near my chin, let alone my mouth. Alcohol makes you eat things that would make a billy goat puke.

Beef Pasty - Looked like an Irish Empanada. Too bad it tasted like an Irish Zapato. Dried out and bland cottage pie filling inside a salty doughy crust. Coulda been good but executed poorly. Pour some booze in it and shoot the boot, instead.

Irish Breakfast - Eggs (can't mess this up), baked beans (freshness is a can opener away), bangers (never seen sausage breakup like sawdust before), rashers (two tiny bites of beggin' stwips), black & white pudding (some things are better without color), roasted tomato (2 measly slices). With all these different ingredients on a plate, why does everything taste the same? Baffled.

If they wanted to be authentic, they got their shit spot on... Irish cuisine is everything they said it would be. Terrible. But the booze cruise more than makes up for it... That's the only way to forget what you ate the next day. I hope it was just a fluke.

Stumbled over to the iPig next door and continued my medication from the hands of the famed Fable. Mofo still gets my nips hard every time he breaks out the bacon bourbon.

And I must have whiskey,
oh, you know why
Now, show me the way
To the next little girl...

3.5 Stars.

Burp.

111 Sycamore Street
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 377-8050

No comments: