Thursday, September 17, 2009

TINY Bistro by Figs & Honey Catering

Hidden behind Octane, this tiny joint is the latest addition in this bustling area offering sammies, salads and sides. It's nothing fancy but the fresh ingredients and friendly staff makes it all come together like how a neighborhood joint should be.

A nice selection of hot and cold sandwiches that most can be had in half orders. It's a nice way to sample a variety of sammies if you're a disgusting pig like me. Since, I was at NOON 10 minzies before stuffing my piehole with their meatloaf sammie aka turd pie, I decided on 2 half sammies here...

Cuban with guava mojo pork loin- a decent version of a "Cuban", the bread wasn't Cuban (from New Orleans, a Cajun Pistolette) but it did the trick. My only gripe about it was that the press had grilled marks on it, not a flat press... it kinda reminded me of a cheesy corporate sammie shop trying to be gourmet.

Roasted beef with sharp cheddar, horseradish mayo & argula pistou- this wasn't too shabby either except that they pressed this thing as well... I kinda like my man meat plump. It's roast beef sandwich after all, not a Panini.

The sides were limited and looked aight, nothing really aroused me... Like my pants weren't tight enough already from all those carbs.

It's a cute place with a small dining room in the back and a good size kitchen. Why is the kitchen bigger than rest of the joint? Because they are also a catering company (Figs & Honey) which has supposedly been around for 8 years. Go figure...

Nom nom nom.

1039 Marietta St
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 745-9561

No comments: