Thursday, September 17, 2009

Abattoir

I'm getting real tired of this shit... New restos popping up everywhere in ATL are depwessing me, big time. You can put lipstick on a pig but it will still suck ass.

Ok, how da fuk can the quality go down so quickly within 2 weeks up in this piece? My first time was very good but this time, everything was all God damn salt. If this is a tactic to make me dwink more, you might as well put caviar on the bar like the days of yore. I mean, I love the space and concept but get your shit together people. You popped my cherry but can you make me come again?

Look at the crap that was snorting and getting high on kosher salt...

Summer crisp, poached farm egg, crispy bacon - Jesus Henry Christ, if this was his last supper, he would be dead from starvation not crucifixion. A couple straggly pieces of ruffage, an egg that a yardbird pooped out, and croutons that doubled for bacon. Just kick me in the sack-religious.

Lamb tasting - Holy Mother of God... Mary had a little lamb, it's fleece was white as salt. It's great idea for a trio of lamb tasting but it tasted like solo... Salt. I got Han Solo'ed on this one. Just thinking about it gives me canker sores.

Tuna in olive oil - Sweet Joseph, if any one of the kings brought this shit to the manger, 8 lbs 2 oz baby Jesus woulda jumped outta his crib and punch him in da nutz. This thing was hard as a brick. But it would be a nice door stop though.

Salted cod - Angel of death, please take me now... You know, you're suppose to wash off the salt, right? Here's a hint, change the water more than once. If I was a deer, I would be in heaven, but I'm not.

Fried chicken livers - Hallelujah, praise Allah, the best dish of the night. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside... Just how I like my chicks. Al Salam Alaikum.

Potted chicken liver & foie gras - Consistency of spackle. Anybody have holes they need filling? I can think of a couple... They should call it "Potty" instead. Zippp!

Tripe stew w/ pork belly - Tripe, what tripe? Tiny slivers of tasteless entrails, coulda been calamari for all we know. The pork was the size of a kiss, they shoulda put lipstick on that thing... Before I got F'ed. The first time I got it was tastee. What happened?

Ceci peas - Call a spade a spade, this is just a dusty old chickpea fried up. It ain't no Lay's... I can eat just one and be done with it.

Talk about putting salt on the wounds, someone else be the guinea pig and tell me when it's good again.

Pump
Pump
Drip

2.5 Stars.

1170 Howell Mill Rd
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 892-3335

No comments: