Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bo Bo Garden

All these new whitey joints around town with their pedestrian menus are driving me to starvation... Luckily, Buford Highway has been pumping away and spurting out new tasty joints. Me pouchy likey.

First Wan Lai, then Shoya and now Bo Bo Garden... The funny thing with ethnic restos, they don't need 2-3 months of working out the kinks. They get the chinks out from day 1... Shit, they got me out on day 3. Now, lookie here... Check out my first impression of da grub.

Three Kinds Dumplings - They only had two kinds of dumps available, so I asked them to sub the 3rd dump for fish balls... Was that a wise decision? Who knew fish had balls but those balls were succulent. I wonder if Dragon Ball Z would taste just as sweet.

Congee - 1000 yr old egg and prok. Is that velvet? Shit, hellz yeah! It was so smooth that I would wear it on a dare but only around the house though. I would fertilize those eggs and start a congee family if I could. Not a bad version for their first week open.

Chowfun - A tasty contender. Tons of tender beef. Love the medium size noodles but shit, add some more in there, it is a noodle dish. That's like having no rice in fwied rice... And Chinese people like rice from what I heard. Just put more friggin noodles in there Cheap Charlie, I'll pay the extra 50 cents for it, pal.

Spare ribs with Taro Rice Casserole - This was da bomb, this is what you come here for. Super crispy rice on the inside of the hot pot, tender spare ribs and nice chunks of taro. The best part is that they let you take the claypot with you if can't finish it all, shhh, I'm going back for more claypots. So, shut the fuck up people and don't ruin it for me.

Chunk Chicken with dried mushrooms and Chinese sausage Hot Casserole - Hey, you guuuys! This tastes better than Rocky Road or Babe Ruth... Just because I have a Superman shirt and Pirate hat on doesn't mean you can call me Sloth. I prefer Chunk (or Bo Jai Fan)... Because Sloth luvs Chunk chicken too.

The service was great, super attentive and they will explain the wacky dishes to you. They were even incredibly patient with a gwailo couple that wanted to be adventurous with the "red" Chinese menu but ended up ordering from the "green" Chino-American menu. Chicken and broccoli... How authentic, Beatrice. There's a PF Chang's something or other in Perimeter more to your liking, yenta. The menu is extensive and definitely worth exploring, it might take me 2 more trips to finish the rest of the menu. It ain't an easy job but someone's gotta do it.

Just call me Fay Jai Slim... I have to praise you like I should.

Burp.

5181 Buford Hwy
Atlanta, GA 30340
(678) 547-1881

No comments: