Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yakitori Jinbei

Daniel-San can bite me. He might be able to catch a fly with them sticks... but you don't need them to eat this joint's fwied chicken breast.

Fresh young chicken is what they claim they use... the last time I heard fwesh young chicks was back in high school many many moons ago. But their tasty fwied yardbird was pure 11th grade... Wait, did I say that out loud?

I went in for lunch right before a redneck shotgun wedding in Woodstock that I had to attend. I was still drinking from the night before and I desperately needed some sustenance. Lunch has a limited menu but still a tasty selection. The dinner menu looks ginormous. Yakitori was not available during lunch so I got a few of my favorite things in the world... no, it wasn't 2 girls and a cup.

Fried Chicken Lunch Combo - This was so crispy and tender. They weren't lying, that chicken was so fresh and young... I was in high school all over again! So G O O D, I felt like the captain of the football team. The side salad was green and the seasoned rice was fine. I know we're in the south and all but what's up with that tater salad thing? Cuckoo! But the miso soup was excellent and full of body, not watered down like that slop Ru Sans pours from a water heater jug thingy.

Ramen Noodle Bowl - OMG, this shit is the shiznit. Very good ramen, roasted pork slices, seaweed and gween onions... can't get any better than this for a dwunk at high noon. But the broth is the star here... it's super tasty, deep maroon brown complex, perfect balance of flavors, a few sesame oil droplets dancing on top. They also give you miso, salad and rice with it... I don't get it, mebbe because I was dwunk.

Everything was so darn tasty, I thought I was waxing on and off in my dweams. Can't wait till we have our AA meeting here for dinner... Just imagine how good that review will be sober!

Developing...

GEPPU!

2421 Cobb Pkwy SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
(770) 818-9215
http://www.yakitorirestaurant.com/fuutou/ie.html

No comments: