Thursday, August 21, 2008

Steamhouse Lounge

I woulda given it 3 stars if it wasn't for their pathetic attempt at the Lobster Roll and Bisque. Hell, I wished Blais left some liquid nitrogen in the kitchen... it woulda prolly tasted better if it was frozen. Give me some Tabasco dipping dots to go with my garbage of the sea roll and cup of Campbell's finest pweez.

Robster Roll- I did get robbed, at almost $13, you would expect more than a plastic basket with a poppyseed hotdog bun that is sprinkled with minced claw meat... I couldn't tell if it was lobster or crawfish. The rest of the "looster" musta high "tailed" it outta there... but they did leave me a tiny cup of "drawn butter". This clarified butter tasted like lobster urine. The meat was dry and naked with zero dressing on it... at least put a Jimmy Hat on it so it can't procreate. Pweez leave the real lobster roll to the Yankees!

Robster Bisque- I substituted the side of fwies or whatever filler they had for this "Two Claws and a Cup" of ocean cock-a-roach vomit for an extra $2 fiddy... whadda mistake, like my ex-girlfriends! This bisque was too watery, not enuff cream, seasonings, mirepoix and /or sherry. It's so pedestrian... that Trader Joe's lobster bisque could be a contender.

Oysters on da Half- Not bad oysters but it always scares me when you can't see them shuck 'em fresh. It's like a nightmare with all those opened oysters dangling off the shell at a low rent Chino buffet. You're just asking for a weekend getaway at the dialysis clinic. But since I'm still alive and complaining, I can safely say they are edible at the SteamHo.

0 stars for the service, I had to go up to the server station to get silverware for the table.

1 star for the $5/dozen oysters on Wednesdays, would be better shucked in front of you vs. from the kitchen.

1 star for the $1 bottles of Imperial on Tuesdays, I'd buy that for a dolla that will make me holla!

This House seems to lose Steam with every restaurant that has been here before... It's a nice space and location, just keep it fwesh and simple with the seafood menu and do more weekly booze specials or suffer the same fate as the rest. And get rid of the lobster roll because it mocks the modern free world of this northern delicacy. It's like claiming southern fwied yardbird can be had in Maine.

Awww...

Shucks!

1051 W Peachtree St
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 233-7980

No comments: