Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pho #1

"Where the pho am I???"... as I descend upon the area known as Cham-bodia. You can't help but noticed this run down shack with a faded blue roof with the words Pho #1. I love the names to these places on Buford Highway. You got your Pho #1, Pho #96, Pho #69... if the area gets too sketchy further up, y'all can get the Pho Bac into town!

The best pho in town here? I wouldn't bet on it but it was tasty and satisfying. Cheap? Yes, but pho is supposed to be cheap. It's street grub... this is kinda like the Asian fast food. But unlike American fast food, you won't become a heffer eating these vittles.

Crispy spring rolls- Tasty but seemed like it sat out for a bit, like someone return my order from another table. Yum.

Pho #1 - Yup, y'all know I had to do it... the garbage plate of pho, with everything. Every piece of mystery meat dumped into my bowl of beef broth. Add the bean sprouts, basil, jalapenos, lime juice, hoisin, nuoc mam, sriracha and you got yourself a meal made for a real man... from the Middle Ages. I got the small bowl and still couldn't finish all of the broth... ok, I'll take off the skirt next time, just stop busting my ovaries.

Mango bubble tea w/ tapioca - I like this crap in cup. The colorful assortment of tapioca was like Skittles, I tasted the rainbow. I don't care if you get the durian one, just don't sit near me or else I'll purge involuntary.

What you see is what you get at this joint... it ain't the Ritz and it ain't a dump. You can use as much nuoc mam as you want...

Just don't knock my mom.

4051 Buford Hwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404) 633-0776

No comments: