Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pho Dai Loi

By the time I got outta there, I felt like I was hit by a Tsunami... bloated and retaining water. I better sport a pair of sweatpants just in case I get a bout of the angel lust.

The apps of steamed and fried rolls were a tasty start to get the palate going and the stomach juices flowing. I love it when my belly awakens.

The bubble shakes and wacky herbal concoction are to fun to experiment with. Not really my cup of tea though...

The medium size bowl of pho "all the way" was more than enough to feed a generation of Monchichi's. Every useless and undesirable slice of offal was jam packed into my bowl... there are different levels of quality cuts of innards but the ones here are just ok. The broth was flavorful but it really has to be a lot hotter... I like 'em bordering on magma temp. A little bit of oxtails in the broth would do it justice 10 folds.

The Bun plates are all the same to me at most places... dry and kinda boring. The noodles start drying out and sticking together within 5 minzies. Then comes saucing it with every type of liquid within arm's length just to keep it from clumping like a 3 month old litter box. Sriracha, sesame oil, chili paste, and nuoc nam (just don't knock my mom)... creates a pink spaghetti Play-Doh mess. The gwilled pork, spwing woll and shwimp are on the cheap charlie side.

At most dumps like this... stick with the pho. Cheap, tasty, filling and gweat for hangovers or just the need to clean out the pipes with some liquid goodness. Hey, I'm sure it's more flavorful than a high colonic.

Burp.

4186 Buford Hwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404) 633-2111

No comments: