Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Bleu House Cafe

It's kinda creepy to eat at a joint on a road named Cemetery Street. I don't want some re-animated demon spawn hacking away with a scalpel at my Achilles tendon while I nosh on some muffalata. Once you get inside it's anything but a horror movie. The decor is totally kitschy. It's like the Romper Room of nosheries or some cute gwub shack on a tropical island.

The menu is pretty simple... sammies, wraps, salads, soups and quiches. It's all made fwesh daily and pretty tasty. The house specialty is the chicken salad which is made with almonds, grapes and apples on a croissant. The bweads are nice, you can't go wrong with the boule, hoagie, croissant, focaccia or multigrain. The soup du jour one day was a gumbo... eh, it was more like a greezbo, it had more oil than the Exxon Valdez. The quiche sitting out looked kinda dried out and tired... but I'm sure it was good when it came out fwesh.

Cute place to grab a bite at and the service was spot on. With so many generic sammy shops everywhere, I rather give my money to a mom & pop shop. It's better to have Bleu house than blue balls from some bland corporate monster that left me unsatisfied. It's kinda hard to find this place in the woods of Norcross but if you're in the area I would recommend it.

Chomp.

108 Cemetery St.
Norcross, GA 30071
(770) 209-0016

No comments: