Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sensational Wings Too

Papa Buddha gave me some advice once when I was a young pouch... "Lord loves a workin' man. Don't trust whitey. See a doctor and get rid of it."

This DoodieBuddha had a righteous hangover and I needed a cure... A little voice said "Wings are the things". So sometimes, you just gotta go back to your roots in da hood to ease the pain... It was never easy for me. I didn't invent the Opti Grab. I was born a poor pouchless child. That was, until I found this low rent shack with Buffalo wings that could be the cure to my disease...

This trailer looked like it had a flat in '97 and abandoned ever since on the side of the road in the slums of the Westside. This latrine stand was hand painted, hand crafted, and hecho a mano... Basically, a real Section 8 hand job. But dang, the aroma of deep fried shit made me do the jig, bro... I shit you not.

So, I axed my brotha from anotha mutha what's the dealio, yo? Is them Hot sauce mad hot or not? He sez, "They hot like what hot be...". Aight, give me yo hottest... Make it Sucide Hot, biznatch!

10 wingz for $5.39 and your choice of fwies or celery and dressing. I got the seasoned fwies. What a fucking deal, dude. I was in the promise land! 12 minzies later, I hear... "Git yo 10 wingzzz...". Fuck yeah. Opened up that shiznit and it looked like pure gold. Marcellus Wallace ain't got nothin' on this... That's because he looks like a bitch. The vapors from the sauce was melting my eyes like the Ark. The sauce was so thick, I coulda spackle with it. It was like Satan squatted and shat in my box.

The first 2 wingz went down nice, the 3rd-5th wingz I felt like Puff the Magic Dragon... But I wasn't angry, though. I whipped out my lip balm and proceeded to do circles on my lips like fucking Mario Andretti on coke... My facial labia was raw. I have never popped a cherry on my face but if I did, this would be it. The numbness hit the peak and the rest of the wingz went down like a $2 whore... Easy.

Best Buffalo wingz? Nah, but I can say it's up there with Jamal's. Good shit, cheap... That's why they have been here since '97. The also have chicken, fish and bunch of other shit to nibble on... And of course, everything is fwied. Jones' Good Ass BBQ & Foot Massage would be proud.

I finally know the difference between... Shit and Shinola.

I can hear Papa Buddha say, "Son, you're going to be all right."

...And I was. The world is right again... Except my bowels.

Splash.

2251 Marietta Boulevard NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 355-9582

No comments: