Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ri Ra Irish Pub

Where am I??? I can't bweathe... Someone open a window... It reeks of rancid Coloncannon in here.

Is it me or did this place go full Ri... Ri... Ri Ra Tard? You studderin' pwicks.

Midtown has a new Buckhead and it's on Mediocrity Street. You got all the Ra Tards here... From wretched candy sushi to odious Celtic cuisine. Thanks, corporate suits, you did it again! Left another street covered in your shitstained tightie whities... Mostly, in Polo knits and triple pleated khakis. I really don't get the Buckhead army... Do these people have mirrors or do they actually think they look stylish? Imagine if all the girls wore the same outfits in the same venue! It would NOT be pretty... Shit, most of those skanks in here were far from it but they were in the right place. I took pictures but I am too ashamed to even post them because they were so pathetic. It was like someone left the barn door opened.

Speaking of pathetic... This place oozes of it. From the Lincoln Logs decor to the Mickey Mouse menu. This joint is more commercialized than U2. Putting crappy pieces of refurbished wood inside a brand spanking new office building doesn't exactly give it history or that 100 yr old feeling or smell. Shit, the only smells here were dirty Gaps in Obsession perfume and Tapouts bathing in Drakkar Noir.

The menu is a diarrhetic mess... McDonald's is more Irish. When was Penne or a Reuben Irish dishes? But they do have Hummus which we all know is a beloved traditional Celtic staple. I really do appreciate how they have a small section with "American Bar Food"... What a relief because Irish food is just way too ethnic for some.

Shepherds Pie - For $12, you get a cup of Dinty Moore beef stew and Idahoan instant mash taters... And it comes with 2 measly pieces of hand-ripped bread that looked like the porter wiped his ass with. This pie was so runny and off tasting... Shit, I coulda got 3 KFC Mash Potato Bowls for the price of this Hair Pie.

Drinks - Stick with the beers because their mixologists seemed like they just came out of cosmetology school. My 2 cocktails tasted like Aqua Net and Just for Men.

Service - The bartenders, managers and servers seemed like they were in a pinball machine... Going back and forth and bouncing off the walls like chickens with their heads cut off. Totally clueless and full effect in the weeds. Fucking corporate... But I must thank our server for doing the best she could. She was a cute FOB and all she wanted was to live the American dweam.

All I wanted was some authentic shepherds pie, all I got was a box of Lucky Charms... I want me gold back, you fucking Leprechauns... Don't make me take off my shoe!

Got Blight?

sPud.

1080 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 477-1700

No comments: