Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shoya Izakaya

I know what you're thinking. "Did he press 5 stars or only 4?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 44" waist, the most powerful pouch in the South, and would eat your plate clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
Do I feel hungry? Well, do ya, punk?

After a ginormous dinna at Honey Pig, I had to stop by and see how they were doing because that's how I roll... Seriously, I rolled in. They have been gangbusters ever since they opened... They're kicking ass and taking names. Hiroshi and Masa are the mans. They will take care of you and explain the menu. I was there for one thing, the hamachi kama, but ended up noshing on a few other delicious tidbits available that night.

Prok berry (aka Pork belly) - What's in a spelling? That which we call a belly by any other name would taste as sweet. Fork tender and just pure heaven, like a pig in shit.

Chu-toro - I just had pork belly and now I'm having tuna belly... Shit, look at my friggin belly, it's udderly bloated. I bequeath my belly to mankind upon my death or when I hit slaughter age... In about 10 months.

Flounder sashimi - One of the specials of the night, it was good, not great but the texture was unique from other flounder sashimi I had. At least this flounder didn't have a pledge pin on it.

Sea cucumber - This was a nice surprise. You usually don't find this in sashimi form. Awesome texture and flava. It gave me a cucumber in my pants.

Hamachi-kama - Holy fucking shit, don't get cheeky with me. This was awesome and it was the small cheek. The skin was thin and crispy, the meat was juicy and steaming hot. The flavor is incredible as with the presentation with both fins.

Read them and weep, suckaz. Yeah, I'm talking to you other restos out there. That's right Atlanta, something finally warrants a 5 star from Gastro... Fraudie Buddha, Fraudie kevin h. or whatever I am today.

BURP!

X 5.

6035 Peachtree Rd
A-101

Atlanta, GA 30341
(770) 457-5555

No comments: