Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Antico Pizza Napoletana



If going "Full Retard" is a good thing, then this new pizzeria is the Simple Jack of all pizzas. This pizza made my eyes rain... Rains of joy.

I don't eat pizza crust nor do I give out 5 stars often... But this joint deserves all 5 of them and my pouch gladly accepted every last piece of perfectly charred "cornichon" crust. Even Adam, who is lactose intolerant ate almost a whole friggin pie... What some people will do for ridiculously good grub.

I have never been so excited about pizza (or food) before in Atlanta until I spied this joint last Sunday... Looking through the window like a hobo drooling all over himself at Krispy Kreme. This shit is the best pizza in Atlanta hands down... I may have been too excited and let the cat outta da bag too early by telling my friend Jen (aka Blissful Glutton) about this incredible 'ZA, I shoulda just kept my mouth shut and wet my pants instead.

I wanted to wait to review them and see how many peeps would jump on the bandwagon after letting Jen write it up first on her blog and Creative Loafing... Two fucking words: All Aboard! But when you dish out a perfect Napoletana 'ZA (I tried the Margherita D.O.P. and San Gennaro), there's no disputing who is the new sheriff in town.

These guys in here are the real deal and when I was talking to the owner, Giovanni, I saw in the corner of my eye, Enrico Liberato coming towards me. I was so happy to see him, I went full retard. Recent news said that Fritti had brought in a new pizzaiolo and people wonder where he went to... Well, the secret is out. This is where he belongs. Some people make magic in the bedroom, Enrico makes magic in the 3 Acunto Napoli ovens reaching temps of 1000 degrees. The pies are in and out of the oven in a little over 60 seconds... Holy, Jesus Henry Christ! I'll take this as my last meal before you crucify me, bitches!

After eating this redonkulus 'ZA... All I can say is that the other world class pizzas in A-Town can lick my manscaped balls. It is that fucking G O O D.

Oh, Mama Mia.

BURP X's 5... For my 500th review.

Now, go fold yourself and get your shine box.

1093 Hemphill Avenue NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 873-1272

No comments: