Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Landmark Diner

There's no mystery in what happens to you after slamming down a garbage plate from a gweezy spoon at 4AM. It never fails. It's like clockwork. And I'm on auto pilot... Destination: Ass Gutter.

After lubing my inter-nards with 5 quarts of lard... I usually make my own 'Landmark' in the facilities. But this one was quite the opposite. By no means was the food culinarily inspired... It was more like anally perspired. It's your basic diner grub that will do the trick. Shit, speaking of tricks, the trannys around here are wide as the day is long. Shoulder pads are so 80's... But duct tape is eternal and so are 24 hr diners.

Anyhoo...

I stick with the breakfast slop... Bacon (mmm, bacon), eggs, sausage, hash browns, pancakes (I like pancakes!), egg sammie, even the grit... etc, etc, etc. When they are not backed up (I know the feeling) the food comes out looking... Well, like food. It's amazing how those short order mongoloids on the grill can transform something as simple a sausage into some new malady from a medical journal... And there ain't no cure.

Eating all this pigswill can be summed up in one word: Pannus.

Floppy.

60 Luckie St NW
Georgia State University

Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 659-1756

No comments: