Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rosebud

When a joint puts something called "The Big Nasty" and "Orange Thing" on their menu... I just get all giddy like a school girl in a training bra. Screw

No, they are not what you might find floating with a tiny Santa hat in my throne at home but rather, something that I want to put in my mouth over and over again... Kinda like those 2 girls and a cup.

The Big Nasty - Crispy and tender boneless fwied chicken, scrambled egg, smoked bacon & cheddar snuggled in between a pair of squeezable buns. The only thing that may surpass this beast is the glorious KFC's Double Down... Mmmm, chicken buns.

Orange Thing - No, it ain't Gossamer from Bugs Bunny. But an elixir with some of my favorite ingredients... Vodka, Grand Marnier & orange Pellegrino. I like booze and this dwink made my eyes rain because it tasted boozeless. But there was Sunshine (our server) at the end of the tunnel or bottom of the bottle... Offering me to do a shot of Grand Ma with her. Ah... Fuck Yeah! Then she personally made me another dwink which was so much better. Gurl, rock out with your cork out!

I tasted the big ass French Toast and I must say I approve. The sides of hash browns and grits were verra tastee... These little basterds had real grit to them. Toothy to the core, bite after bite. These ain't your Cousin Vinny's grits... Even da two yutes will love 'em.

The Yelp Elite shindig was fun, the grub was decent but their signature fruity dwinks were terrible. It had zero flavor or taste, so watered down that I couldn't believe they were serving this crap with a smile. Hell, Bill Cosby wouldn't even be able to pitch this stuff. It was gonna take a lot for them to get me back here... That was until the $5 Monday Mystery Meal was born. $5 for The Big Nasty? Sign me up! Don't be surprised if you find me on my death bed clutching a snow globe in one hand and a fwied chicken sammie in the other whispering "Rosebud".

I wish Chef Ron and the crew the best of luck... If you make good food, they will come. Not everyone is as dumb as they look when it comes to decent tasting chow... Except my dog, Taco. That cute lil fucker will eat anything.

Woof.

Second time around, I got the "Scent of a mule"... What a horrid rendition of the classic Moscow Mule. This place has some of the worst cocktails in the city. The food is decent.

1397 N Highland Ave
Atlanta, GA 30306
(404) 347-9747

No comments: