Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hong Kong Harbour

Pal: I lost my shoes...

Me: I lost my dignity...

One good thing about this shit hole... Is that they will always be there no matter how fucked up you are after a night of boozing and debauchery or even if you look like you just came from Fight Club.

As with tradition, I stumble in Saturday mornooning after a redunkulus night with my pal (punching each other like retards as we walk in)... Take a booth, bitch. Wait. And wait some more for these friggin antiquated steel carts with floppy wheels to pass by with their steamy mess. I've seen nicer carts at a Piggly Wiggly. But no matter, it gets the job done.

I scan the room and it's filled to the brim with some of the ugliest white people I have seen since Deliverance. Not like I'm one to talk... It's like Phantom of the Slopera and Freddy Kruger had a baby, then Jason Voorhees chopped it up into pieces and Leatherface ate it and shat me out of his cornhole. But even these creatures put me to shame and I almost gagged when I heard from behind me... "What's dim sum?" and "Where are the forks?". I look over and Jeff Spicoli is gnawing on this potsticker with his mouth wide open like Bossy at Farmer Jed's field. Lord have mercy... White people.

WTF happened here? The only Asians in there were the staff... And yours truly. The same staff that has been there since the Ming Dynasty. These terra cotta servers still look the same after 1000 God damn years... Fuck yeah! I love this shanty.

You will find your standard fare here... Still. A small selection of dim sum classics that neither wows or meows. But it's totally acceptable for what it is. They do have duck, clams and few other interesting things that you won't find at a run of the mall Chino resto. The menu do and still have some "authentic" classic dishes. You just need to know how to order. All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

No shirts, no shoes... No dim sum!

Burp.


2184 Cheshire Brg Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 325-7346

No comments: