Thursday, September 17, 2009

Buddha Restaurant

Seriously, does anyone really remember what they ate here?

Every time I come here, I haven't the slightest idea of what I ate... Prolly because it was late as shit and I'm 3 sheets to the wind. But usually, it has something or other to do with rice... That's what I speculate from the half mauled styrofoam box I find in my fridge in the afternoon when I wake up with one shoe on and not much else. It ain't a pretty sight and I'm not just talking about the slop in the box.

I like how this joint is opened til 6am... Not that I need to eat early in the morning but that laughing Buddha mocks me every time I walk in. It's like he knows that I can't stop eating and I'll be as fat as him when I stumble out. Just call me Doodie Buddha. Sometimes, I feel the urge to do the Asian squat out front and watch the cars go by... Or that could just be the booze talking.

From what I gather, the grub ain't bad, it's your usual suspects you find on any Chino-American menu. But since they have such a high turnover rate, the ingredients are fresh and sometimes tasty. The crowd is pretty much diverse, it used to be mostly "boys" but nowadays it's gotten a bit more ghetto. So, I pack heat, just in case there's big trouble in little Atlanta.

This new location is all class, even if the patrons are all crass. I couldn't believe how nice it was when I first walked in... Compared to that dump on 14th street. I was scared to order anything with "brown sauce" because it prolly came from a brown eye. The staff is polite and they get the grub out pretty fast. That's great when you're pissed and starving and time is of the essence.

Thank you, come again... Oh, yes, my pouch and I will see you soon, you fat giggling Buddha!

Burp!

100 10th St NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 874-5158

No comments: