Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lobby at TWELVE

Q: How many Lobbyists does it take to make Zaza an Elite?

A: None. They're all sucking down fwee dwinks at an Elite event.

There's not enough FU money in the world to pad Yelp HG's pocket to reinstate my E Badge... Nor is there enough people to fill the front Lobby of this joint.

Located in the dreaded A-Hole Station... This once coulda been a contender but sadly, Atlantic Station gets what Atlantic Station deserves... Another Concentrics resto. This place is empty most of the time, I feel sad for the sparse kitchen staff in that huge kitchen. There is talent there but it's wasted here. The cooks looked like pound puppies looking for someone to take them home.

The menu has changed a few times since the beginning... Which I think is good. Fancy sounding dishes will not work for this area. It's basically upscale bar food, now... Wings, burgers, sandwiches, pizza and a few entrees. I ate here awhile ago but I'm sure not much has changed. Grub is nothing ground breaking but it's decently executed.

Caesar salad - The mound of shaved Parmesan reminded me of the black dude in The Ice Pirates with his huge white afro. Overall, it was a pretty tastee salad... Mebbe a little over-dressed.

Hummus - It's hummus, pureed chickpeas... Yeah, yeah. I did like the whole roasted garlic with it.

Beef cheeks - This shit was nice. Nicely braised, caramelized and fork tender. Hell, I like cheeks any way I can haz them, even fried. The pasta were cooked al dente, just right... Mebbe it little too wide but whatever.
Salmon - Nice piece of salmon cooked well, again. Crispy skin and moist inside. Risotto was fine except they ran out of English green peas and subbed in haricot vert. No problem, it's still green.

Sticky Toffee - Coulda used more caramel on the cake itself but it was fine. Two bites were more than enough for me. 3 balls of Butterscotch ice cream over some crushed nuts... Hey, better theirs than mine. Moist and warm on one side and cold and crunchy on the other. Match made in giant empty kitchen heaven.

Flourless Chocolate Cake - It's chocolate and flourless... Yay! Whatever. After 2 bites, I was happier than a Joey in a pouch. Vanilla ice cream helped cleanse the palate. Yeah, that sounded gay... So what. Just like the sprig of mint jammed into the cake.

The service was ok, my server was like a chicken with his head cut off. Did someone say chicken?! But the next table got a great server who knew his shit. Just my luck, fucker. This place ain't that bad, feels a little cold in there and quiet like some remote station on the Hoth system.

I hope this lovely review will get Zaza back in the good graces of Yelp HQ... I could use some more booze fweebies.

Zoinks!

3 Stars.

361 17th St
Atlanta, GA 30363
Neighborhood: Atlantic Station
(404) 961-7370

No comments: