Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I luv pho

After a small snack next door at Lazeez, it was time for lunch. So, I waddled over here. Planted my fat ass on a chair and scanned the menu. Decent menu, got all your greatest hits. Place is clean, decent decor, not too FOBBY... Except for this ridiculous picture below.


Ok, I admit that shilly thread about this joint made me curious. First of all, who the fuck is gonna drive all the way up here for Pho in the middle of the phoking night even if it's opened 24/7. If you're looking for drunk grub and you live in ITP... You might as well just drive yourself to the nearest police station because Mace in your face sucks at 3AM on the side of the road with an empty stomach. Whatever you do, do NOT eat the Bologna sandwich in jail... That's what my friend told me. Shout out to Lindsay!

Back to the vittles... Gotta stick with the classics but they had a Boba station. The flavor selection didn't look that great, though. So, I passed on that... Sooner or later.

Banh Mi - $3.50?! This better be one mutha-pho-king good sandwich. Let's just say... I'll take Lindsay's Bologna sandwich instead (well, who hasn't?). While the bread was good (flaky outside, soft and springy inside), the filler was total crap. The pickled julienne daikon and carrots was tasteless. A sprig of cilantro and 2 slices of Japs. The grilled pork looked like slices of SPAM. Fuck, I like SPAM and all but am I in Hawaii? Do I look like a Samoan to you, needledick? Wait, don't answer that... Damn this pouch!

Pho Dac Biet - Contrary to what the other said... There are 3 sizes to choose from. Small was like $5.95. I liked how they included meatballs (well, one meatball cut into 3 pieces, nevertheless). Decent amount of meats but skimpy on the tripe. Why? That offal is cheap as shit. The broth was pretty nice and fragrant. The flavors were good, I mean it ain't no Soba but I think they actually used oxtail and that other gross stuff in there.


The place is not that bad for being pretty new but they seriously need to check their prices compared to the competition. $3.50 for that substandard Banh Mi is a joke, who do you think are... Star Provisions?

Need to try out the Bun and Com dishes next time. But no way am I going up there just for them... Ok, mebbe after some chicken from Pollo Campero. Mmm, chicken...

PS- Watch out for the Hoisin sauce, it's kinda spicy. And say hello to the Bok Choy Boys.

Slurp.

3 Stars.

4650 Jimmy Carter Blvd
Suite 133-B

Norcross, GA 30093

No comments: