Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fox & Hounds

When was the last time they cleaned their carpet? That shit smells like a dirty fish taco... No wonder they're a buck.There's no 5 second rule here if you drop anything. Fuck. They should change their name to Box & Mounds.

I've been here a few times over the years and it never changes. Basically, filled with your West Side local yokels... This breed is like a Woodchuck (part redneck, part land beaver). If it's cloudy, they will come out here, but if it's sunny they will scurry back into their burrows, drink a case of PBR and hibernate for at least 6 more weeks. That big brown beaver, General Beauregard Lee, sure is a fucking lazy fat fuck.

On to the vittles...

Spicy Pub Wings - Like usual, I get them naked with sauce on the side. That spicy sauce musta been a bitch to make... Tearing apart all those little packets of Taco Bell Medium Border Sauce and squeezing it into the little ramekin. The wings are small but they are crispy. Standard issue pub grub. Let's just say I didn't get a blood flow.

Spinach Salad w/ Fried Egg - Sounded good on laminated paper... Tasted like hamster vomit. No wonder the menu is laminated, easy clean up. There was about 2 cups of this bacon, oil, balsamic dressing, heavy on the oil... Am I supposed to eat this with a spoon or spork? Didn't realized BP made salad dressing. Where's that drilling mud? ...I'm about to rupture an oil pipe.

Grilled Chicken Sandwich - Easiest fucking pedestrian sandwich to make... But yet I found pink spots. Who needs VD when you can have salmonella. It's a great way to lose weight. BTW, FU Atkins. The homemade chips were not too shabby.

Farmhouse Cheddar Burger - I don't see no farm around but I think I saw an outhouse. Lookie here, the burger wasn't bad, the bun was pretty nice and they cooked it to temp- medium rare. The handcut fries were fried... Nothing more, nothing less.

While the food was hit or miss, the service was ok... Until, I tried to break out the Scoutmob shiznit. Server told me it's no good if you order any specials with it. What specials? I didn't order any food specials. She said the $1 PBR that I got was a special, so that renders the discount null and void. Here it comes...

WTF?! I order $40 worth of food and I can't use the discount because of that fucking $1 beer? Jesus fucking Christ, are you shittin' me? I'll pay full price for the beer then... "Oh, no, you can't do that, you already ordered it as the special". You know what... You coulda at least kissed me before I got fucked. Best part is that she goes to ask the manager about it and he didn't even have the balls to come out to say no to my face... He had his henchwoman do it. On the other hand, mebbe there was no manager in the back, it was a skeleton crew.

This is what I hate about joints like this... The old bait and switch. Fuckers have been doing this shit to people for years and now they will be exposed. It's not about the loot, it's about being reasonable, moral and ethical... Losing a customer forever over a $1 beer is pretty pretty pathetic.

Once again, I got fucked like Leo Getz at the drive-thru... Hand in Hand style. Shit never fails. Never again. I went home and purge all that shit out as a sign of protest... Plus, I was feeling a little bloated. A $40 lunch that literally went into the toilet.

Flush.

1 Star.

1193 Collier Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 352-1007

No comments: