Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lazeez Tava Fry

That web-footed pee-drinking douche, Costner, might have something with that "If you build it, he will come" bit...

I was on my way to another restaurant when this happens to be next door. Seriously, who stops and eats at another restaurant before the restaurant he was going to in the first place? The answer is... My fat fucking ass that's who. Is that bad?

Anyhoo...

2 Yelp reviews on this joint... Are you shitting me? They have reviews from the AJC, Atlanta Magazine and Gwinnett Daily Post hanging up since like 2008. Either, this joint sucks dingleberry or it's one of those hidden gems that no one can see from the road. Well, it ain't a gem nor does it belong dangling from anal shrubbery, either. But their lunch menu is a pretty good value... Most dishes were around $5. But beware, what you see is what you get. Everything is extra... Like Naan, rice or whatever. It's just weird to eat masala, curry or nihari without some type of starch. I need it or else that shit is like a log flume ride inside of me.

Chicken 65 - Fried chicken makes me giddy as a school girl. They were pretty good since my panties were in a wad. The sweet and hot sauces sucked donkey balls.

Lamb Masala - 3 chunks of lamb and a pretty thick paste of masala which was mild. This mutton was not too shabby but it ain't worth driving up from midtown for this thing.

Goat Nihari - How spicy can you make this thing? Nihari is the spiciest thing you got on the menu right? Yes yes yes... says the man. Well, ok, can you make it 10 times as spicy? Sure we can he says. Came out weaker than a fire hot sauce packet from Taco Bell. Sent it back for reformulation... Came back out with extra ground black pepper. Yay! No wonder Gandhi was so God damn skinny, that fucker prolly sent back all his vittles. Goat was ok, who the fuck can tell with goat... Those things eat old leather boots for Christ's sake. I think I'm just pissed because it was weaker than Zsa Zsa Gabor's hip.

Naan - For $1.25, it was a decent amount. Hot, steamy, a bit crispy, buttery yet not greasy. Prittee prittee tastee.

Basmati Rice - Hey, can we get a lil basmati rice with the "entrees"? Came back out with a boatload of it. Reminded me of that smuggling ship I was in when I was a FOB. If you like to eat one thing a million times... This is it. But it's gonna cost ya... Twooo Dollars.

The family who ran this joint was super nice and friendly... And they didn't even push the Mango Lassi. Eat it Mirza at Panahar! If I was in the area, I would come back and try the other dishes and specials.

I wanted to order more stuff but I was about to have lunch next door.

If you cook it, he will come.

Burp.

4650 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Norcross, GA 30093
(770) 939-1221

No comments: