Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ca Dao

First, there was... Pho Tan Tan (sat out way too long in the sun and got burnt), then came Pho Pasteur (got put out to pasture and slaughtered), next up Bamboo Grill and Hot Pot (kitchen was too hot and dining room empty)... And now, say howdy ho to Ca Dao! What did you call me?

Ca Dao, who? Yeah, that's what I thought. One of the worst locations known to restaurant-kind (besides that dump, Saskatoon), but can they put out the goods and survive? Let's go fill our pouch and find out. I've been driving by every now and then to see what's been up with this space and finally decided to hit it like a HPOA. Empty dining room. Bad sign. Simple but extensive menu. Good Sign. Either way, it would be a cheap one night stand. First served, first come.

Fried Egg Rolls - Super crispy and hot but not greasy. Filler is verra good, too. Minced pork, mushroom, shrimp, carrots, etc. Wrap it up with the lettuce and dip that slong in the Mae-Ploy fish sauce... It's heaven I's tells ya.

Burnt Rice w/ Grilled Pork - Holy shit, this is good. They actually made this properly (given that we were the only people in the entire joint). The rice was a bit sweet, crispy outside and soft inside. You would think it would stick to your teeth and all but the secret is to dip it in the sweet chili fish sauce. The grilled pork was sweet, a bit charred and tender. Came with tomato and cucumber slices, lettuce, cilantro and green onions to create a nice vortex in your piehole. I know a few broads that would love to have that combo in their gape. Squirt.

Dude, look at that crispy edge! Taste my grilled meat, bitches! ...it says.

Pho - With everything, of course. Not greasy, good flavor, rich broth, ample amount of meats and offal... Only gripe is that I like my Pho piping pho-king hot like the surface of the sun. My skin needs exfoliating. It places the broth on the burner or else the pouch gets the hose again. I put in so much Sriracha and Sambal Oelek that it didn't matter after all. Shit was as red as Carrie's prom night... But still not hot/spicy enough for moi.

Bouquet Garni de Pho. Simple but effective. I would wipe my ass with those leaves if I was lost in the woods and had to take a deuce.

The few dishes I have sampled definitely warrants another visit. Some of the App prices were retarded, made me want to put a helmet on... IE: 4 wings in lime chili sauce- $4.99. I asked the only server there if they were dinosaur wings or something and he said, "they are small chicken wings." Hmmm, what a pitch man. Pass. But I am still interested in trying them, next time. Still thinking about that burnt rice, shit is G O O D. The only concern I have is that they are empty with that large space. Based on past tenants with the same cuisine in the same location and the high failure rate... It's gonna be a tough road (sell) for them (the 2 man staff), even though, I really enjoyed the grub.

Pouch Speed.

Burp.

4 Stars.

4646 Buford Highway NW
Atlanta, GA 30341
404-982-0700

1 comment:

Unknown said...

burnt rice w/ grilled pork. dang that sounds good. now i had to resort to stalking you via your blog. you better email me fool and take me out! jngarrett123@gmail.com