Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baroni

I don't know what's more annoying... Wolfgang's phoney Arnold accent or his stupid war cry "Live, Love, Eat!"... Yeah yeah, whatever gets you hard, you Puckin' sellout.

I'm just glad this dump got replaced by the good people from Baraonda and Publik. Puck's pseudo Italian and Asian fusion was a sick joke to pouches and toilets around Atlanta. So many wasted flushes. C'mon, that combination doesn't even make sense... Have you ever seen Rocky eat Oriental food in any of his 6 movies? I didn't think so. Mebbe, he's just not into Korean food because it's so fucking fishy and not comforting at all... Or was that someone else? Who cares.

The menu is casual as it states, just decent solid grub all around at a decent price. It ain't gonna put on knee pads and blow you... But it will give you gentle kisses on the cheeks and tickle your sack. Speaking of satchels...

Veal Meatballs - 6 mini meatballs in tomato sauce. I like watching the broads lining their cheeks with them like a chipmunk. They were tender but could use a handful more of seasoning. They would go better in more main dishes than just Han Solo.

Margherita 'Za - First off, the crust- It's thin and crackly, almost like Matzo. But with a gas oven it's hard to get that high temp and good char (it had spotted char). Sauce was decent, could use some more seasoning and sweetness but only just a tad. The mozzarella didn't do it for me. For this pizza it needed chunks of bufala sprinkled randomly around. Not a bad pie but prolly won't get this again.

Bianca 'Za - Not my choice but I'll stuff that shit in my pouch anyways. Mozza, goat cheese, olives and prosciutto. I usually like my pies lubricated with sauce but if you don't try new things you can't make fun of it. This thing is just too dry for me... It's like carpet munching an old hag with aged cheez. Well, at least that's what I heard.

Overall, the pies weren't bad... Not gonna win any awards or get laid with them but that's not their goal. It's a casual neighborhood joint to stuff your fat face on the cheap. Definitely, a welcomed addition to this area.

Next time, I got my eyeball on the Lamb Sammie... Err, I mean Panini. I just noticed they have Darth Vader's favorite dish... The Penne Arrabiata. I hope it ain't served on a wet tray. Fuck you, Cantina!

PS- They got limoncello!

Munch

3 Stars.

1745 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 724-9100

No comments: