Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Buns & Shakes

"World Famous Buns & Shakes"... Must be a euphemism for fat ass. Sounds like my kinda place!

If you have been searching all over Atlanta and this is the best you can come up with... Well, then I know of a great little Pho joint in EAV that y'all might be interested in.

"World Famous"... And what world would that be? The 4 X 6 padded cell in your head? Cuckoo cuckoo.

Burgers and more fucking burgers is all you hear about these days. Talk about Fat America. Just because the beef is organic, grass-fed, low stressed, hand spanked and then viciously slaughtered... Doesn't mean it's good for you. Neither is this menu.

Shakes - All I can say is look at the pic. If "Shakes" are part of your name, I would expect a little bit more variety and imagination. Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Oreo. Hold on... Let me write this down you're going too fast. There's 2 sizes- $2 small clear plastic cup and the $4.50 regular which comes in a "take out" cup... Whatever that means. Tried the chocolate and strawberry... Let's just say that mess was as thin as my hair line, chalky and flavorless.

Burger (8 oz.) - Excuse me, I meant "Round Brown"... Too bad my definition of a round brown is a little different. I'll show it to you in 10 minutes after I eat this. Asked the teenage server if they can cook it to temp... She looked at me like I was speaking Jackie Chan. Do you understand the words that are coming outta my mouth? I want it medium rare... Came out well done. Groovy. Meat- Bland, dry inside but yet the bun was soaked in grease. Wait, is this Dyer's in Memphis? The seasoned fries which are included with every burger or sandwich are decent and prolly the best thing I had. Which isn't saying much.

Long Bun - Philly style. OMG, look at this Frankenturd on a bun. Why is there ketchup on this thing? Oh, of course, it's there for the fries which comes with every burger or sandwich! Brilliant! There's ketchup, lettuce and tomatoes on this Philly, nothing more needs to be said.

I understand they are new and all but there were just too many things wrong about this place. The service is laughable... No straw for the shakes (I guess you can drink it out of the cup since it's as thin as milk) but when I asked for a spoon, the girl gives me a takeout utensil packet. Where am I? I'm gonna take that plastic spork and jam it in my eye. The older woman whom I assume is the owner did a better job with the little things like napkins and real silverware... But their forks looked like they came off a forklift. That shit was huge. It might have a dual purpose, though... To dig your own grave after you eat here.

They also got pizza (Flat Buns) imagine that nightmare... And Nathan's hot dogs (Slim Buns) which is prolly your best bet. This joint is good for the students around here, it's relatively cheap with decent size portions and greasy as fuck for sobering up. Come to think of it, mebbe you don't want to sober up.

Badonkadonk.

2 Stars.

186-A Auburn Ave
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 577-1277

No comments: