Friday, August 22, 2008

Wild Wing Cafe

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Where am I?! What did I get myself into this time for the love of grub?

You know you're in Yahweh's country when the GPS is flashing a red question mark asking "Are you sure you're in Georgia, USA?" and two bigass signs that says "ALL YOU CAN EAT!".

This ridiculous strip mall is a haven for the sportos, motorheads, mossbacks, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads and rednecks when school is out. There were countless amounts of cattle sporting heavy metal t-shirts and cut off jean shorts roaming this stockyard. It's been decades since high school but some things never change... ever. Hanging out at malls, if there isn't one nearby, a simple trailer twash strip mall and a curb will do.

My first step into this hole reminded me of the Peach Pit... was this a time capsule from the 90's? The fashion in these here parts wasn't Haute Couture... it was more like Halloween Costumes. This place was like Chuck E Cheez for teenagers and a graveyard for the elderly has beens. But we came here for one purpose only, drinking and grubbing. $9.95 buckets of Red Stripe- check! 2 for 1 Wings- check!

The wings aren't half bad, good medium size wings and fried up nicely.... long list of 33 "Fabulicious" flavors to choose from. From Virgin to Braveheart, I opted for the "China Syndrome" to pay homage to the earthquake victims and "The Boss" for my little fat buddy in Hazzard county.

China Syndrome- nice flavor, but not very hot for a 4 pepper rating. Dining companion tried one and it hurt her lips real bad... ooops I did it again. Here's some Chapstick gal pal. I will have to try "Braveheart" if there's a next time b/c no one can ever take away my fweedom to eat wings.

The Boss- I like the dry rub on it, it gave it that smokey and spicy flavor to it. Once again, not hot at all with a 2 pepper rating. But nice too see it on the list. Prolly won't get it again.

I wouldn't advise venturing alone into woods of upstate GA without a full tank of gas, a can of dip, camouflage, cattle prod, 72 oz. glass boot and an updated GPS. This is no place for the cement dwellers. So make like a Boy Scout and be prepared... to assume the position. Do Not feed the animals. Cougars and kittens are on the prowl.

Yippy Kay Yay Mother Fuddrucker...

2145 Roswell Rd
Marietta, GA 30062
(770) 509-9464

No comments: