Thursday, August 21, 2008

Noni's Italian Deli and Bar

So... I took the omniscient advice of "john s." from the Big Easy Gwille and decided that my "bitter, fat ass" should stop "bitching about everything" and "get a life"! And what gweat advice it was...

As we parked in front, I looked over my snarky gal pal and made sure we didn't look too Elitist or an AJC food critic in this chicken neck of da the woods... a hoodie woulda been handy right about now. I didn't know what living was until I walked into this awesome joint in the middle of South Central ATL and the Good Times vibe filled the air from the jukebox.

The joint was spacious, warm and inviting. The huge bar was impressive... the menu even more! The homemade Tagliatelle with Lemon Anchovy sauce was flavorful and delicate but yet al dente. The Cold Noni hit the spot with super fresh ingredients and a kick ass Orzo Pasta Salad. Everything on the menu looked so tasty, I might as well change my name to Bookman.

I swore I heard this playing in the background...

Any time you meet a payment. - Good Times.
Any time you need a friend. - Good Times.
Any time you're out from under.
Not getting hassled, not getting hustled.
Keepin' your head above water,
Making a wave when you can.

Temporary lay offs. - Good Times.
Easy credit rip offs. - Good Times.
Scratchin' and surviving. - Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line - Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em - Noni Times.

Someone musta knew I was there because they left me a box of Popeyes next to my car on the way out.

Buffalo Butt...

Burp!

357 Edgewood Ave
Atlanta, GA 30312
(404) 343-1808

No comments: