Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lobster Bar

Pardon my Fwench, Garcon... but may I pweez have a new glass of water? The millipede in the water had nicer legs than my glass of wine... WTF? But the multiple pics taken of our little buddy doing the backstroke made it all worthwhile and it was the start of a beetle-ful fwendship.

This place is not as stuffy as Chops but it still corrals your standard issue Buckhead sheep types. It's like a time capsule... nothing has changed since the Jurassic Era. The clowns... ah, the servers are amusing though... they remind me of Joe Pesci b/c they really are funny guys. Since it was restaurant week, a few of us took advantage of it. But there was no way I wasn't gonna get a few bites from the menu.

Steak Tartare- was a softball size of raw ground meat I haven't seen since likes of Poltergeist. This was a tasty uncooked burga. Ooh.

Robster Bisque- was flavorful and coated the back of the spoon like a well prepared bisque should. Mmm.

Hen of the Woods Salad- it should be called Thumb of a Monchichi... this piece of fwied fungus was smaller than a mouse pizzle. Ugh.

Strip Steak- not a bad piece of 12 oz. flesh. Cooked perfectly but seasoning was a bit off. Can't blame them with that much volume that night. Aah.

Key Lime Pie- "No pie for you!" ...but here, how about a Ring Ding? Seriously, I got a friggin Ring Ding. WTF? If I got a side of Little Debbie Does Gastro... Meh.

Even after all these years, it's still a very consistent joint. Pumping out classic American grubbery. Reminds me of the speakeasy days with the good ol' boys... not Bo and Luke Duke. More like David... I kid, I kid! ;)

When will I be back? Who knows, it's a bit too highbrow for little old me. Mebbe when the Woolley Mammoth walks the earth again... make that medium rare pweez!

Au Voir!

70 W Paces Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
(404) 262-2675

http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops.html

No comments: