Thursday, August 21, 2008

Roy's Cheesesteaks

I was skeptical about finding a good Philthy Cheezsteak after being disappointed at so many places claiming to have "Authentic Philities". So I took a ride on a beautiful Saturday afternoon to Roy's and see what all the fuss was about.

Located in the corner of a no frills gas station strip mall, I found myself the only one in the whole joint. Did I care? No. I liked it because I knew my phility would be made properly. There were a lot of stuff on the menu but I was there for one thing and one thing only.

Regular philthy "wit" onions and provolone on a real Amoroso roll... make sure you ask for provolone or else they give you that low rent white American fromunda cheez. Believe me, it makes all the difference in the world with the melt. This thing was great, really tasty... chopped steak piled high and seasoned nicely, sweated onions, proper melt of the cheez and a nice fwesh Philthy roll.

Finish it all off with a TastyKake and Barq's root beer... baby Jesus, is this how it feels to be in heaven? "Pretty damn close" he sez.

Amen.

Burp.

2900 Highlands Pkwy SE
Smyrna, GA 30082
(404) 799-7939

No comments: