Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Friend's Place

You just can't be mean to the nice old Yentas working behind the counter at this joint. Well, Gastro is an equal opportunity ball buster after all. But this Yiddish Theater is worth the price of admission...or a Reuben sammie in this case.

The grub at this Plain Jane franchise of a deli is Fisher Price at best but the staff is 100% Kosher. I wished they had Wi-Fi so I can Babel Fish what they are saying. It's such a comic relief to watch how they operate here. Constant yelling back and forth between the counter and kitchen area...with a side of Kibitz.

The Corned Beef Reuben on rye was ok, nothing to write the Katz's about...except that they left out the Swiss cheez. What a putz...who made my rube, a Shiksa?!

The Soup Du Jour was the soup of the day and today was Maryland Crab Soup. Salty, brown, wet and the crab was minced to hair like fibers... now, go talk amongst yourselves.

My only question is... Bubbeh, where are the bagels? I bet they would taste like buttah.

Oh Goy...

5450 Peachtree Pkwy
Norcross, GA 30092
(770) 446-8629

No comments: