Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sydney's Buffet International Seafood and Grill

After reading about the Super Grand Buffet at 1630 Pleasant Hill Rd. scoring a 15 out of 100 on a health inspection. I had the hankering for some AYCE* sneezed on, poked at, and snot on gwub. Hey, it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it... don't people have any Faith No More? Sydney does!

This joint looked like Grand Central Station with all those private rooms labeled with different towns/counties. Where am I? Oh yeah, I had a dweam of vast amounts of gut busting tasty filler with 4 stars reviews from my own kinsmen... but instead, I got bamboozled, hood winked, swindled and run amucked. Who am I kidding... it's a friggin buffet. Give me the blue pill... STAT!

Be like a pedestrian and take a walk around. You got your sushi and noodle bar on one side, salad crap in the middle, and heat lamp vittles on the other side. Given that it was during lunch, everything was pretty much bland and my guess is that the dinner selection can't be much better. I thought I was on Candid Camera when I saw tilapia pretending to be red snapper. The only way that tilapia was fwesh is when they opened the vacuum pack. Close your eyes, every piece of sushi will taste the same... "International Seafood", sure pal sure.

The hot side was predictable and depwessing... I even resorted to poking at articles of distressed looking stuff on the line like a redneck poking at roadkill with a stick. Some of that stuff was mystifying.... like SPAM.

Couple of trips to each side and a couple of trips to the head. I think I left lighter than coming in. I think I just found the miracle diet. Sorry comrades, I will have to disagree with y'all on this one.

*All You Can Eat.

Flush.

2131 Pleasant Hill Rd
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 813-8138

No comments: