Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First China

This shanty gets over looked by the new and shiny places that are popping up everywhere on Buford Highway. If I didn't know any better I would too since this joint is neighbors with this Dirty Sanchez of Mexi-bars called El Mustacho. I looked inside once when the door was opened and I swear it was a scene from the Good, Bad and Ugly. And it was not good in any way... mebbe if you want more than a worm in your tequila. I rather lick the walls at Ann's Snatch Shack than breathe in the innards of this outhouse.

Anyhoo... what about First China? I haven't been in awhile but I remembered the last few times, it was pretty tasty... dim sum and the menu items. What I like about this place is that it is less expensive than most dim sum joints. The quality is pretty good, the ingredients are fresh and it tastes fresh. It's not greasy either... If I wanted a lube job, I understand a high colonic goes in from the other end. The variety is pretty good, they have all my greatest hits here so I'm a happy Monchhichi. The roast duck off the menu was surprisingly very tasty. Nice crispy skin, tender meat and a nice light sauce just enough to coat but not soak this delicious yard bird.

The service was good but after 30 some odd plates, they were still pushing the grub. Hell, I know there's always room for Jell-O but does it have to be the size of a yellow cinder block?

The place has been around the block a few times like J-Lo (no, not the Chinese version), so it ain't really a "First China"... She ain't purdy but she'll get you laid up all fat and happy like a good ending should.

I'm swollen and I can't get up!!!

Burp!

5295 Buford Hwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30340
(770) 457-6788

No comments: