Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wan Lai

I Wan't Lai... The grub at this "Fat Boy Shop" is friggin' G O O D.

Finally, a Cantonese place that serves Cantonese vittles. While, I do love me some hot and numbing Sichuan food, I have to rate this as one of the best Chinese resto in ATL.

Beef Chowfun - Greaseless, no lube jobs here. Melts in your mouth and not in your hand slices of tender beef. Noodles cut to size and doesn't slap your face around when you try to eat it like some meat curtains. Possibly the best version in Atlanta. Friggin' can't stop eating this shit, nom nom nom.

Congee - Delivered piping hot in a cauldron of thick yumminess, filled with chunks of 1000 yr old egg and pork. Serving it in a claypot makes all the difference. Friggin' delish, slurp.

Rice Casserole - Abalone and bone in chicken claypot. Crunchy rice on the inside of the bowl makes the dish. Add the soy sauce concoction and stir to perfection. Friggin' knocking on heaven's, door.

Pea shoots - Ma la style. Not real spicy but the pieces of minced pork completed the dish. Friggin' shoot me, awesome.

Training for the Mustard Belt starts early this year. I swear, I will eat everything on this friggin' menu, even if takes me a week and gain 20 lbs doing it, it's worth it. Stick with the real stuff, leave the Panda Expwess specials on back page where it belongs, on the back page.

You go home now, fat boy! You eat evey ting!

BURP!

4897 Buford Hwy
Atlanta, GA 30341
(770) 216-8587

No comments: