Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Romeo's New York Pizza

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo's NY Pizza?
Deny thy AP flour and refuse thy filler toppings.
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer use Caputo 00."

While seeking out a secret location for KFC (No, not Col. Sanders but Korean Fwied Chix)... I passed by this relatively new 'ZA joint and had to give it a shot. Besides the two shilly-esque raving reviews, Peter's review is a tad more realistic.

How serious can a place be about NY style 'ZA when their bread and butter is attributed to soccer moms and minivan loads of kids. I ordered a couple cheese slices to go because I couldn't stand the screaming. After talking to Gene Romeo (part of Rocky's Brick Oven) for a couple minzies, he told me I had to eat it there. Fine, give me a couple of mozza sticks to put in my ears. But what interested me was the Grande cheese and All Trumps high gluten flour.

Slices arrived, looked up da skirt, barely charred but crispy, cheese melt- nice, foldability- good, minimal amount of drip- good, sauce- good, not too sweet and overall a GOOD slice. The real test is always a large pie made to order.

While gabbin about other pizzerias w/ Romeo ("I'm coming after you Varasano's!" ...Ooookay), I asked about the Philthy and to my surprise he uses Amoroso Rolls, no Whiz, just provolone. Holy crap, that's definitely on my list.

I couldn't agree more with "Dalton" from the Double Deuce PR agency, if you want decent 'ZA with a house full of banshee spawns... "Romeo's New York Pizza located in Johns Creek, Georgia right next to the movie theatre is the place to go!"

I repeat, it's in Johns Creek, Georgia...

"What's in a name? That which we call a pizza by any other name would taste as sweet... to a bunch of 5 yr olds"

Thanks for the GPS directions pal.

9700 MEDLOCK BRIDGE RD
Johns Creek, GA 30097
(678) 514-1111

1 comment:

Yohboh said...

If you really want the best KFC in town, go to the Golden Buddha on Clairmont Rd. It's not on the menu, but trust me, it's the very best.