Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Saigon Basil

I tell you what... I came in here when it first opened...

I looked at the menu on the wall (bleh),
I looked at the craptastic assortment of slop in the steam trays (meh),
I looked at the creatures eating in here (barf),
I looked back at the door I came through (freedom),
And I walked back out (no flush).

Fast forward many moons ahead and many dwinks after a 2 day binge. I find myself burrowed inside a cave of blankets like a mongoloid fetus craving some beef noodle soup. Hell, if I was gonna drive my septic tank of a pouch to Buford Hizzy but if I didn't get some magical Pho, STAT, I woulda got SIDS. Then it dawn on me that Cliffy mentioned he liked the Pho here. I put on my cleanest moo moo rag and headed for their back door.

Snuck in like a chicken head walking on egg shells... crack crack crack cuckoo cuckoo! Fuck it, give me an order of pho all the way and make that to go mama-san! Parked my towtruck ass on the couch, turned on the boob tube and preceded to slurp down this crap in a bowl of healing goodness to neutralize the toxins. WoW doesn't know the power!

Surprisingly, the broth wasn't half bad, noodles and sliced mystery meat and what-not tasted alright. I stretched out, laid my head on a fluffy pillow and spent the rest of the day in a state of encephalitic flatulation.

Heaven.

Just like Heaven.

Burp!

1870 Piedmont Ave
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 892-8688

No comments: